0.9.117 May 2023 18:41
* bugfix: In some cases, trashinfo file doesn't get removed (#400)
* tests: build or rebuild binary before running script-based tests (fix for
script-based test failures when 'meson test' is run in a clean build
- on MacOS and *bsd, specifying the PKG_CONFIG_PATH is no longer needed to
find the ncurses menu library
* fix build on Alpine Linux (check for and link to musl-fts) Thanks to
@eli-schwartz and Hello71 from #musl on Libera IRC.
0.9.016 Feb 2023 05:50
- When purging, '-ff' is no longer needed to confirm removal of
non-writable expired directories and files
* replace function used to remove directories with rm from FreeBSD;
Thanks to @DiegoMagdaleno and @dcantrell
* change message displayed to user when a file being rmw'ed is on a
filesystem that doesn't haven't a WASTE folder defined
+ Ignore requests to ReMove top-level files, add --top-level-bypass option
to bypass the protection
+ Ignore requests to ReMove user's home directory
* bugfix: buffer underflow when calling trim_char() with empty
string (Thanks to Christopher Wellons)
* replace valgrind test setup with asan (-fsanitize)
* the 'ESC' key can now be used to quit the restore file selection menu
0.8.127 Jan 2022 04:43
* the curses menu library is now much more likely to be found on *BSD
* bugfix: when attempting to restore a file from a waste folder
listed in the config file that has a trailing slash, rmw will no
longer report that the file is not in a waste folder.
- curses is no longer a requirement (configure -Dwithout-curses=true)
- removed '-e' command line option ('--empty' option not affected)
0.8.030 Jun 2021 03:16
The config option 'purge_after' has been deprecated and replaced
With 'expire_age' ('purge_after' will still be accepted, but the user
Will be given a deprecation warning).
When '-u' is used, the mrl file will no longer be removed, but.
Emptied instead. If a user gives the '-u' option when the mrl file is
Empty, they will get a friendlier message stating that there are no
Items in the list (instead of an error message about the file not
Handling of dot dirs ('.' and '..'). Instead of giving an.
Error message and quitting, rmw will print a message stating that
They'll be skipped.
The environmental variable RMWTEST_HOME has been replaced with.
RMW_FAKE_HOME (Trying to use RMWTEST_HOME will give a deprecation
Warning and still work).
Expanded the man page and updated the README (improved documentation).
Replaced autotools build system with meson.
Rmw now uses the canfigger library for parsing the configuration file.
Disabled a restore test that failed when 'make check' is run with
0.7.0907 May 2021 12:25
filenames now display correctly when using '-vvg'.
0.7.0801 May 2021 03:16
test failing on osx using xcode 11.5 and above.
0.7.0727 Apr 2021 14:05
When restoring files from removable media or devices, rmw.
Will now process relative paths (this primarily affects users who
Trash a file with the "move to trash" option from their desktop, and
Then later try to restore with rmw. See#299 for more
list output (rmw -lv) shows all removable devices as.
Attached even for those that are detached.
Removed deprecated config option (purgeDays).
Minor updates to tests infrastructure.
(for testing) Replace RMWTRASH(=fake-year) with RMW_FAKE_YEAR(=true).
0.7.0602 Mar 2021 05:45
* When using -s,--select, the number of lines the terminal has will be checked. The number of items in the list will be based on that; if it doesn't meet the minumum requirement, rmw will exit.
+ Allow optional argument to -g/--purge that can override the value of 'purge_after' in the configuration file (-g N_DAYS , --purge =N_DAYS ).
* bugfix: restore broken symbolic links instead of giving a "file not found" message (issue #292)
* Improved handling of file with leading hyphens
- When an invalid option is given, usage output no longer displays
* You can view how many days remain until a file is purged by using -vv (with -fg).
* If lstat() encounters and error, also display the filename/directory it was attempting to access.
+ add '-m, --most-recent-list' option: list most recently rmw'ed files
0.7.0518 Jun 2020 00:05
For compiling with gcc 10 (Thanks to muralikodali and GazL)
Rmw will now refuse to move a waste folder or a file that resides.
Within a waste folder (This feature was in place before, but at some
Point Andy accidentally removed the code).
Feature removed: restore with '-z' using only the basename from any.
Directory. User must be in a Trash directory or specify the full path
(e.g. rmw -z /.local/share/Trash/foo.bar). For details, see.
Added '-R' option, changed '--recurse' option to '--recursive'.
Added recursive (rm compatibility) options in --help output, message shown when using '-r, --recursive'
Broken purge test.
0.7.0413 Aug 2019 03:15
To get user's home dir, revert back to retrieving via environmental
Variable (conforms to FreeDesktop Trash Spec)
The config file is now read from XDG_CONFIG_HOME/rmwrc or.
Lastpurge is now 'purge-time' and stored in XDG_DATA_HOME/rmw or.
Lastrmw is now 'mrl' and stored in XDG_DATA_HOME/rmw or.
The default Waste folder (specified in the configuration file) is now.
/.local/share/Waste instead of /trash.rmw.
The /.config/rmw directory is no longer used. It can be deleted.
But you may first want to copy your old configuration file to the new
0.7.0307 Aug 2019 03:15
Rmw now gets the user's HOMEDIR from a passwd struct (seehttps://linux.die.net/man/3/getpwnam), not from the environmental
A waste folder can now use the UID (user id) variable. Example:
Because rmw automatically creates a config file in the user's home.
Directory, rmw no longer searches in /etc (or /usr/local/etc..) for rmwrc.
It can be removed from your system if installed previously.
A lot of code clean-up and refactoring since the last release.
0.7.0213 Jul 2019 03:11
bugfix:on some systems, purge would fail to run when requested, 'make check' failed. This was reported to happen on Manjaro and Arch.
bugfix:missing output when purge is attempted without force
feature_add:Emptying the waste folders is now done with the